Nursing Research Quiz - 29
Nursing Research Quiz - 29
1. Which of the following is NOT an
assumption made by parametric tests?
A. Sample scores a have been drawn from a normally
B. The samples are assumed to have the same variance
C. DV is measured on an interval scale
D. DV is measured on an ordianal or nominal scale
2. Methods of checking assumption of normal
A. Plotting data in the form of a histogram
B. Calculating skewness of the distribution (z-score
C. Calculating kurtosis of the distribution (z-score
D. Applying Kolmogorov-Smirnov test
E. All of the above
3. Which of the following statements about Box Plot are
In a Box Plot for variability,
A. the box represents the difference between the 25th
and 75th percentiles.
B. the larger the box, the greater the spread
of the data.
C. the outliers are cases with the values
between 1.5 and 3 box-lengths from the 75th
percentile or 25th percentile.
D. the extreme values are cases with the values more
than 3 box-lengths from the 75th percentile or 25th
4. Which of the following statements about normal
distribution are true?
A. A value of zero for the skewness indicates a
B. The normal distribution has kurtosis of zero.
C. Shapiro-Wilk statistic for normality is calculated
when the weighted sample size lies between 3 and 50.
D. Normal distribution is explained on the basis of
mean and S.D
5. What is the appropriate sytatistical test for the
following research question?
"Is there a difference in the confidence levels (measured
on interval scale) of men and women who fall
into one of three different age groups?"
A. One-way ANOVA
B. 2 by 3 Factorial ANOVA
C. Chi-square test
D. Multiple regression
6. Sphericity assumption in repeated measures one-way
ANOVA is tested using the (SPSS):
A. Mauchly's test
7. Circularity/sphericity assumption is applicable in:
B. With-in-group one-way ANOVA
C. Between-group one-way ANOVA
8. What is NOT true about t-test?
A. As degrees of freedom increases, critical value of
B. Critical value for t at 0.10 level of significance
for a two-tailed hypothesis is same as the critical
value required for 0.05 level of significance with a
C. Critical value for t decrease as the sample size
D. Critical value for t is independent of the sample
9. What is NOT true about Yate's Correction?
A. Applied when there is two categorical variable are
B. Applied when there is 2X2 contingency table is
C. Recommended when there is less than 5 numbers are
there is contingency cells
D. It is used when normality assumption is not
10. For calculation of degree of freedom for chi-square
test, the formula applied is:
C. (c-1) x (r-1)
D. k (n-1)
BACK TO TOP
- Polit H, Beck C T. Nursing research. 8th ed. New Delhi: Williams
and Wilkins; 2008.
- Burns N, Grove S K. Understanding nursing research. 4th ed. New
Delhi: Elsevier; 2007.
- Park JE, Park K. Text Book of Preventive and Social
Medicine. 19th Edition. Jabalpur: M.S. Banarsidas Bhanot; 2007.
- Questions from entrance examinations relevant to nursing conducted
in India. (NIMHANS/AIIMS/Manipal/Kerala/All India etc..)
- Cohen J. Statistical Power Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences.
Erlbaum, Hillsdale, NJ; 1988.
This page was last updated on:24/08/2020