Nervous System Quiz
1. Estimated prevalence of
A. 1 % of the polulation
B. 5 % of the polulation
C. 8 % of the population
D. 10 % of the polulation
2. Auras are typical of
A. Primary GTCS
B. Absence seizures
C. Myoclonic seizures
D. Partial seizures
3. Which is a specific investigation of diagnosing
4. Myoclonic seizures are charecterised by
A. Focal electrical hyperactivity in the brain
B. Generalized EEG abnormalities with gerks
C. A form of partial seizures
D. Secondary generalized seizures
5. Which of the following AEDs is available in
6. Which of the following is the most priority nursing
diagnosis in a patient with seizure disorders?
A. Risk for injury related to seizure activity
B. Fear related to the possibility of seizures
C. Ineffective individual coping related to stresses
D. Deficient knowledge related to epilepsy and its
7. Preferred drug in status epilepticus is
8. The charecteristic EEG findings in seizure disorders
A. Alpha rhythm
B. Asynchronous EEg rhythm
C. Slow waves
D. Spikes, sharp waves
9. Nursing Care During a Seizure include all, except
A. Ease the patient to the floor, if possible.
B. Restrain the patient during the seizure to prevent
C. Protect the head with a pad to prevent injury.
D. Loosen constrictive clothing.
E. If the patient is in bed, remove pillows and raise
10. Gingival hyperplasia is associated with use of
- Smeltzer SC, & Bare BG. (2004). Brunner and Suddarth's
Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing. 10th edition. (Edrs).
Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. .
- Kaplan HI, Sadock BJ. Synopsis of Psychiatry , Behavioral
Sciences/ Clinical Psychiatry. 9th ed. Hong Kong :William and
Wilkinson Publishers ;1998.
This page was last updated on:7/10/2020