cancer nursing quiz
cancer nursing quiz - 2
1. If an extravasation of chemotherapeutic agent is
suspected, the first thing to do is:
A. Irrigate the site with normal saline
B. Stop the infusion of the chemotherapy.
C. Call the physician
D. Give antidote for the medicine if available.
2. Human chorionic gonadotropin as a tumor marker is
found elevated in:
A. Gestational trophoblastic disease, gonadal germ cell
B. Medullary cancer of the thyroid
D. Prostate cancer
3. Monoclonal immunoglobulin is found to be high in:
A. Prostate cancer
B. Hepatocellular carcinoma
D. Ovarian cancer
4. Helicobacter pylori is believed to be
A. Prostate cancer
B. Lung cancer
C. Vaginal cancer
D. Gastric cancer
5. Kaposi's sarcoma is associated with:
A. Human papilloma virus
B. Human T cell lymphotropic virus type I (HTLV-I)
C. Human immunodeficiency virus
D. Epstein-Barr virus
6. _______________ is used for chemoprevention
of breast cancer.
7. American Cancer Society (ACS) recommends breast
self-examination as a screening measure for every women of
_________ age group.
A. >20, monthly
B. > 35 years, yearly
C. > 50 years, yearly
D. >55 years, weekly
8. Colorectal Cancer screening include all the following,
A. Fecal occult blood testing (FOBT)
B. Digital rectal examination (DRE)
c. Radiographic barium contrast studies
D. Papanicolaou smears test
9. 11q22-q23 gene is associated with:
B. Breast cancer
c. Stomach cancers
D. Prostate carcinoma
10. Epstein-Barr virus is known to be
A. hepatocellular carcinoma
B. cervical cancer
C. Burkitt's lymphoma
D. T cell leukemia
11. Phenotypic characteristics of malignant
cells include all, EXCEPT:
of normal apoptosis pathways
level of differentiation
12. _____________ is a
monoclonal antibodies group
of drug, indicated in breast cancer .
13. Brachytherapy is a type of therapeutic
radiation of cancer tissue in which:
A. beams of radiation generated at a
distance and aimed at the tumor within the patient.
B. radioactive substances are injected in
the blood stream.
c. encapsulated sources of radiation
implanted directly into or adjacent to tumor tissues.
D. radionuclides targeted in some fashion to
a site of tumor.
14. ____________ is a syndrome
charecterised by rapid tumor cell death which releases
intracellular contents and causes hyperkalemia,
hyperphosphatemia, and hyperuricemia in patients who are on
A. inappropriate antidiuretic hormone
B. Tumor lysis syndrome
C. Gitelman's syndrome
D. Liddle syndrome
15. Ondansetron, 8 mg IV given before
chemotherapy is to prevent:
c. nausea and vomiting
- Nettina, Sandra M.; Mills, Elizabeth Jacqueline. Lippincott Manual
of Nursing Practice, 8th Edition. Copyright ©2006 Lippincott
Williams & Wilkins.
This page was last updated on:7/10/2020